Friday, February 26, 2010

The last few days

Lets see, the last few days have been fun as I try to make sure I've done all that I want to do before I leave.

I checked out the Powerhouse Museum which was amazing! Its basically a museum of engineering and innovations soooo up my alley...Daddy, you'd spend days there! They even had a special exhibit on the 80s which was a blast from the past...fashion, games, music all very cool! Then we hit up the Paddy's Market for some cheap souvenirs and fruit.

I've also made it up to Manly Beach which was an awesome ferry ride with great views :) The beach was absolutely lovely (as most beaches are). We headed over to a smaller beach that looked at Manly but the water was calmer and very refreshing!

Yesterday I headed to the Sydney Observatory to check out their exhibits on the history of the observatory as well as to check out their telescope. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so we couldn't pick out any planets or look at sun flares but we did look at the people climbing the bridge which was neat. Afterward, I went for a walk across the big bridge. Its a free walk and still a great view :)
Last night I went to see a play that is showing as a part of Mardi Gras and it was great fun. A short play about two gay boys meeting online and all the funny stories that they have. Then we went out for drinks and dancing which was quite fun as well!

Tonight is the big Mardi Gras parade so I can't wait for that!!!

Hugs & Kisses

1 comment:

  1. You are so correct i would spend days a the powerhouse museum. Make sue you do every thing you can before your leave Sydney! There seems to be some great Maardi Gras events...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete