Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surf Camp

I can stand up on a surf board!!!! It took a lot of work and I still fall off more than I stand up but I can stand up :) And I did stand up every day at surf camp, most days even more than once.

At first it was a shock to leave the Pink House and all my friends in Sydney, but it has been good to change up things a bit and get back into travel mode.

I had an excellent group for the four day camp, there were seven of us with four girls (two Germans, a Swiss and myself) and three guys (all the boys from Sweden). On our first day we drove up the coast a bit to surf camp where we were outfitted with wet suits and surf boards and hit the water after lunch. It was a quick lesson but with the help of Steve we all stood up on at least one wave :) Then it was back to camp for 'party night'...ok every night at surf camp was party night for some of the crew, but we had a delicious dinner and a good time with the whole surf camp crew. The next three days were a blur of surfing both at surf camp the second day then at a few other spots up the coast on our way to Byron Bay. The last day we had a surfing competition for all us new surfers. It was a lot of fun to test out our skills in the water and compete with each other. In the end Barbara, our favorite Swisse, won!!! She rocked out a number of waves doing turns, a few jumps and other craziness! Here's a picture of her on the left doing a fabulous move!

Once we got settled in at our Byron Bay homes we met up again for one last party night at Cheeky Monkeys. We definitely had the most awesome group at the bar (and probably the biggest as well) and we had a great night of dancing and all around fun! Then the next day I spent the morning recovering with extra sleep and a relaxing breaky before meeting up with Barbara and the girls to hit up the beach. Of course, that didn't last long as Mother Nature decided it was time for some rain :( but we did enjoy each others company throughout the afternoon.

Now I have moved myself a little bit further up the coast to Brisbane where I am very happy to be visiting my sorority sister Maggie!

1 comment:

  1. What fun!Hope they took some pictures of you!
    Sounds like a cool group of adventurers!
    Love ya,
    mom

    ReplyDelete