Friday, February 12, 2010

Tas End

It should have been easy...a flight out at 730p arrive into Sydney at 915p go to hostel.

But Tassie decided to keep me around for another night. Basically we got on the plane, started the taxi, then found a problem in the communication system so we headed back to the gate for the engineers to have a look. They couldn't fix it so we got off the plane. Next chapter, the plane from Melbourne was delayed but enabled it them to carry our needed part. But then the next problem...Sydney has a curfew for the flights coming in and going out and no one can land after midnight so our delay stuck us past that and we were tucked into local hotels for the night before our rescheduled flight in the morning. The local Tassie news, the Mercury, even wrote an article to cover the situation...yes its that slow of a news place http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/02/12/127335_tasmania-news.html

But I was greeted in Sydney with wonderful heat...I'd guess close to 90 but not for sure...and plenty of humidity. I say this because it kept me inside the hostel for a few hours (posted pictures on facebook and my photo site http://annemariemills.shutterfly.com/) before heading out so that I could avoid the complete midday sun. I headed out on 'Miranda's famous walk', well its our receptionists recommended walking tour of Sydney. I walked by the Navy boats then up to Mrs Macquaries chair which sits on the point just opposite of the Opera House. It provided a spectacular view!! really amazing :) So I hung out there for a bit (in the shade) and then took a meander through the Royal Botanical Gardens before approaching the Opera House itself. Again quite awe inspiring.


The rest of the day has been rather plain and has included late lunch of pumpkin and feta risotto, grocery shopping, watching tv and havin a bit of dinner off the barbie at the hostel.

Hugs & Kisses!

2 comments: