Thursday, January 28, 2010

I made it...finally...to Oz

Now its not like I've seen a kangaroo or anything quite that exciting, but I did experience the commute from Sydney to Melbourne with all the businessmen (and women, but mostly men in pinstripes). And I'm here...finally.

So nothing interesting to report, other than I have officially crossed the international dateline. Although, it wasn't very dramatic...at one point it was the 27th (when I left Hawaii at least) then It was the 28th when I landed, and not midnight or anything like that. Thanks to a canceled flight yesterday our flight was quite crowded, but they offered us free food and drinks (not JetStars norm) for both meals. And then on the Quantas flight from Sydney I got free food again. I think I had like four meals on this long day.

I did make some amusing notes on human behaviors while traveling.... 1) everyone wants to be first on and first off, but the funny thing is, it doesn't really change the time when you get to your final destination...seriously! 2) Baggage claim is even worse. Everyone thinks that obviously their bags were the first off so they crowd around the carousel so that when your bag does show up you have to push and shove your way through the crowd to get to it (if you're lucky and don't miss it). 3) This may just be me, but I love candies in foreign countries the wrappers, the names, it just makes me want to try them all...oh and the same goes for books except that its more the titles and what books they emphasize that interests me. Ok, these are major break throughs its just yet another thing that stands out on a trip like this where I have no time constraints or stresses.

Oh and I'd just like to add that I think its mildly boring to be sitting in my hostel watching the Oz Open when its mere miles away...but the seats are darn expensive so I don't blame us.

Well hugs & kisses from Down Under!

No comments:

Post a Comment