Tuesday, January 26, 2010

dive certified and ready to go

Well, it has been quite an interesting few days here in Hawaii. For starters I am now PADI dive certified :) I also have more than just plain white to my skin tone :) And I'm getting used to living out of a backpack.

Yesterday was all diving... Roger, at Cool Blue Scuba, taught me all the skill and stuff that I need to know for diving. Then we went out on his sailboat into the harbor for some quality time at the Turtle carwash... We saw our first turtle while we were looking for the buoy to hook to before deciding to just drop anchor. Then when we went down to the bottom we saw lots of fish, coral, more turtles and even an eagle ray. The rest of the day was consumed with doing my homework for the certification...oh and a nice run :)

Today was not a very nice weather day for diving, but Roger took me to a lagoon where we could finish practicing the skills needed to complete my certification. After the two short dives to do that I was on my own, so I set off doing some random activities including getting some stuff out of my bag and sending it home, going to BWWs for lunch (can you believe they have it here, but we don't have one in Seattle?!?!), then hangin at the beach and reading. When the wind got to be too much to handle I came back to the hostel to change and then I went for another delightful run (about 5 miles this time) and now its raining so there's not much more fun to be had.

Tomorrow its off to OZ, yay!!!
Here's a link to my pictures so far :) (ok, I had problems with the pics hence the late posting, but they are at http://annemariemills.shutterfly.com/ and when I get to post more they will be added there as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment