Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Traditions

I can't believe I missed day one of the Hello Ladies Christmas challenge, so I may just do a two in one....but first today. Today's challenge is to talk about our family traditions.

My family has a wonderful tradition of celebrating Christmas Eve with a Norwegian cold table. We put out lots of cheeses, meats, crackers and much more then celebrate being together by passing it all around the table for a nice light dinner. After dinner we go to a late night Christmas Eve church service. My favorite part is singing Silent Night and lighting candles at the very end knowing that its now 'technically' Christmas day :) After we get home, we're allowed to open our Christmas Eve gift, specially labeled by mom and containing new Christmas pjs! It may not be a surprise, but its always fun :)

Christmas day is a whole other story and isn't as much about tradition, but about visiting with family and loving on each other :) My bother and I take turns being the 'elf' )which sometimes involves a hat) and passing out rounds of Christmas gifts to the whole family. Its always loads of fun!!!

Yesterdays challenge was to list our top five Christmas songs...so mine are (in no particular order)
#1 - Grandma got run over by a reindeer (always listen to it when putting up our tree)
#2 - the whole Nutcracker suite (when I was younger my dad and I would go see it, just the two of us)
#3 - Silent Night (my favorite is singing it a capella in church on Christmas Eve)
#4 - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree (don't know why, but I love it and it makes me think of Home Alone and being a kid)
#5 - Sleigh Ride (the one with a whip that sounds like your on a horse drawn sleigh through a snow covered forest, I played it with the band in high school and have always loved it!)

I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas season!!

Love & Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment