Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dublin - Day 1

It was an early start this morning, but I'm now in Dublin!! And so far I can't complain. My classmates are sleeping off their jet lag, but we already did quite a bit.

Once I got in to the hostel, we started trekking around the city by finding Christchurch and St Patrick's Cathedral. Both are quite beautiful, but you have to pay to go inside...we did go into St Patrick's but not Christchurch. Then we found a random, and I mean random, pub for lunch on our way to the Guinness Storehouse. At this point, my poor classmates are starting to get very tired since they didn't sleep well on their trip over...but we still made it to Guinness since our room at the hostel wasn't ready yet. Guinness was possibly the nicest brewery tour I've ever done!

 We started with the 9000 year lease signed by Mr Guinness himself and went through some standard stuff (ingredients, process etc) but then we got to take the opportunity to learn how to pour the perfect pint. I, of course, volunteered to be the first one up. And it really wasn't that hard once our 'professor', he looked like he could barely drive, broke it down for us. And then it tasted amazing!! Finally we got to go up to the 7th floor which has a panoramic view of Dublin...quite cool even on a less than stellar day.

Today might end a little bit more low key (we're all tired) but tomorrow we're going to the Jamison distillery and planning on a pub crawl...oh and a day tour too...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having fun over in Dublin! Sounds like you are having a great trip so far. Send lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete